Banking and Financial Markets
Banking and financial markets law is one our law firm’s core practice
areas, with Professor Dr. Schalast’s teaching activities at the Frankfurt
School of Finance & Management and at the Hochschule für Bankwirtschaft facilitating
a special link between theory and practice when advising and representing
clients. Our law firm’s specialists advise and represent clients on banking law
issues and regulatory issues concerning banks. Our clients include banks,
financial services and securities trading companies, and enterprises.
Our legal services in the area banking and financial markets law focus on the following:
- Advice in connection with project and other financing, in particular on syndicated loans.
- Advice and representation in connection with the restructuring of typical banking transactions, in particular loan agreements and portfolios.
- Advice on compliance issues and the review and drafting of compliance guidelines.
- Advice and representation in connection with banking and securities supervision law, in particular with respect to the setting-up of banks and enterprises subject to supervision.
- Advising banks, financial services providers and securities trading companies on the drafting of documentation, prospectuses and sample contracts and conditions.
- Advice and representation regarding antitrust, cartel and freedom of speech versus privacy law issues, which are of particular importance for banks.
- Advice and representation in out-of-court, court and/or arbitration disputes (banking litigation), in particular with respect to liability issues which may result from advising customers.
- Advising corporate bodies of enterprises subject to supervision, in particular in connection with liability issues.
- Advice in connection with transactions involving claims and collateral (e.g., performing, sub-performing or non-performing loan transactions).