Corporate / M&A
Corporate transaction and company law issues have played a key role in the advisory practice of Schalast & Partner since its establishment in 1995. Such company development processes area complex and require special know-how not just at a legal level, but also at an economic level.
The members of our “Corporate/M&A” practice group have many years of experience in the management of complex M&A processes and in some cases have their own experience in managing companies, which means they are familiar with specific requirements which arise within a company with respect to the planning and execution of transactions. Some of the members of this practice group have also worked for many years as advisors to the supervisory board of listed and unlisted companies and therefore have practical experience as members of such bodies.
This experience and legal know-how has enable us to advise both SMEs and large companies successfully for many years on M&A and private equity transactions, as well as corporations and partnerships nationally and internationally on all company law issues.
Our advice services in the practice area “Corporate/M&A” include the following:
- Advising on the selection of the optimum company form
- Reducing liability risks
- Advising on the purchase and sale of companies (e.g. pre-sale processes)
- Legal due diligence (e.g. vendor due diligence)
- Contractual documentation
- Antitrust law advice
- Advice with respect to supervisory and regulatory authorities
- Organisation and management of proceedings and inclusion of external specialists
- Pre- and post-restructuring of companies and holdings/consortium agreements
- Post-merger integration
- Advising and supporting the target company during investment
- Advice on integrated financing processed
- Advice on non-performing loans
- Advising management team in MBO&MBI situations
- Designing and implementing management participation schemes
Personal project management is ensured with one responsible partner who puts together a team of experts specifically for your individual case. If issues involving several areas of law arise, we involved our colleagues from the relevant practice group. Where cross-border issues are involved, we collaborate with our colleagues from the international network Multilaw Multilaw.