Within our practice tax has an assisting function on the one hand (primarily for transactions, i.e. in the context of banking & finance, company law, M&A and real estate); on the other hand, our tax praxis tackles genuine tax issues for you:
This comprises specialist topics such as investment fund taxation, the various financial transaction taxes as well as forensic services before the German tax courts. Another emphasis is US-tax law (in particular QI-law).
We strive for practical solutions, that stand the test of time in view of the various tax administrations as well as the requirements of a modern tax compliance management system.
Aside from the advisory expertise in niche areas, the team also organizes reportings through the portals of the Federal Tax Agency (DAC 6; CRS; FATCA) and periodic reviews for the QI-law. For these topics the team has also conceived its own software solutions.
Mr. v. Schweinitz is member to one of the working parties of the OECD for international tax law (WP 10). we closely follow the rapid development of. international tax law for you.
Typical assignments in the area of tax focuses are:
- Advice wrt. tax clauses in M&A-situations, including as they relate to the financing concept
- Advice in connection with banking and financing products and structuring
- Advice pertaining to tax treaty application, in particular in the context of funds' conceptions (e.g. NPL-funds or litigation funding)
- Advice for US-tax law (incl. US-filings 1042/1042-S, e.g. in the context of US derivatives taxation)
- Advice for tax compliance programs
- Advice for tax audits, administrative and tax court proceedings