Hotels & Resorts
Schalast advises on all aspects of the hotels and resorts business, serviced residences and mixed-use developments. We provide legal support to German and international owners, investors, developers and operators in all transactional and operational issues, starting from the structuring of a project through to the drafting of all relevant agreements.
Working in a multi-disciplinary team we combine the knowledge and experience of the experts from all our Practice Groups. We also have a very efficient Notary Practice, which covers all areas of real estate law, company law, corporate transactions, family and inheritance law. In case of a dispute, our litigation lawyers will support you before all state and institutional or arbitration courts as well as in mediation proceedings.
In this area we mainly focus on:
- Structuring of a project;
- Project finance;
- Transaction management;
- Structuring and operation of mixed-use developments;
- Acquisition and disposal by way of share deal or asset deal;
- Corporate, joint venture and cooperation agreements;
- Restructuring and reorganization;
- All real estate issues;
- Tax structuring of real estate transactions;
- Project developments and ongoing asset management advice;
- Developer agreements;
- Pre-opening, management agreements and other operation and services agreements;
- IP, license agreements;
- Notary services;
- Employment law;
- Compliance, including real estate compliance, and environmental issues;
- Inheritance law, including inheritance planning and contracts;
- Dispute resolution.
- Company law structuring issues, in particular in view of the regulations of the German Banking Act, the Capital Requirements Regulation (CRR) and other supervisory law legislation.
- International company law structuring issues.
- Employment law issues, specifically also with respect to banking supervisory law issues, e.g. in light of the Remuneration Ordinance for Institutions.
- Competition law and freedom of speech issues.
- Issues in connection with data protection and compliance.
- Legal arrangements in connection with the IT systems of banks, in particular with respect to contract structuring in compliance with supervisory law provisions and the administrative practice of supervisory authorities.
- Questions relating to particularly valuable collateral, such as real estate, aircraft and ships.
- Dispute resolution, whether in relation to disputes between various banks or with other third parties before all national and institutional courts and (international) arbitral tribunals, in particular before banking supervisory authorities.
- Projects in connection with companies which provide – often online – banking and insurance-related services and pursue such business models (“FinTech” companies).