Media & Entertainment
Schalast advises media and entertainment sector companies comprehensively on all legal issues.
Our lawyers have a great deal of expertise and advisory experience in the areas media, sports, press, publishing and copyright law. We advise and represent national and international clients in court, in particular with respect to:
- licence and other typical media-related contracts such as production, literary purchase, distribution, artist, sponsoring, digitalisation and advertising contracts.
- advice and representation in the acquisition and sale of – also large – rights portfolios.
- media, copyright and press law issues.
- broadcasting law issues, in particular in dealings with state media regulators.
- competition and trademark law issues.
- the infringement of personality rights, in particular by Internet publications.
- public relations issues, marketing, the use of content and advertising, and
- the structuring of compliance concepts in the media and entertainment sector.
The practice group IP, Media & Technology collaborates closely with our law firm’s other practice groups. This means that we advise and represent the media and entertainment sector companies with the highest level of expertise, in particular in the following key areas:
- Company law structuring issues, in particular with respect to international structure issues.
- Employment law issues, in particular with respect to labour law
- Competition law and freedom of speech issues.
- Questions in connection with data protection and compliance.
- Dispute Resolution, in particular advice and representation before all national and institutional courts and before (international) arbitral tribunals, but also in mediation proceedings, whether as legal counsel or as arbitrator or mediator.